Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, 18 April 2008

Swimming - After such a Looong Time!

This swimming outing is a very last minute arrangement for us. Amy called to ask whether we would like to join her and her gal Zoe. I thought that we might not want to go for the swim and see how it goes, since Karis has yet to take her usual late morning nap. An hour later, Amy called again and my thought was that we will just go ahead, since Karis just does not want to sleep! In no time at all, I immediately rushed to pack all the necessities for the swim at NTU Alumni Club.

It's been such a long time since Karis has gone swimming (think at least half a year ago?). I'm a bit apprehensive that Karis might fear water and find that the scene of water in a swimming pool is too overwhelming and frightening for her. However, she has proofed me totally wrong! Taking only few seconds of warm-up, she bent down and used her tiny hands to splash the water gently the first time, and after which you can imagine that I have to be at my highly-alert mode every second throughout the swim, as she is so excited playing with the water, wanting to climb up the water slide and slide down for one moment, and wanting to sit and rock enthusiastically on the water animal rides the other moment. The most enjoyable and fun moments came when we went to the jacuzzi pool (without having the bubbles jet). We laughed at Karis, seeing her so instinctively relax at one corner of the jacuzzi pool and smiled with satisfaction. After her relaxation, she became excited again and kicked her legs in the water vigorously :)

The swim at the jacuzzi pool must be so soothing for her! She slept while on our journey back home until 7pm! Seeing Karis being so happy throughout the swim has brought me the simple yet lasting and priceless happiness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.