Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, 19 March 2008

Every Story has an End "TAP"

I marvelled at how fast Karis has been growing at this stage. Since Karis is around 3 months old in my story-telling sessions to her, it's been my habit to tap on the backpage of the storybook when the story ends and the book is flipped over to the backpage. After tapping on the backpage, I will say "The End". Reason is to let her know that every story has an end to it.

Few weeks ago, when I was reading to her, she tapped her tiny hand for quite a few times at the last page of the book. For a moment I had thought that she had tapped on the book as she was playing with the book or she may be excited at the sight of the picture on the book, but realised that she practised out what I have been doing since 9 months ago :)

Life is especially rewarding and worth celebrating with the presence of children! They are just so pure and innocent. They may be difficult to handle at times, and our personal free time has reduced substantially. It just makes you think that it's all worth it, when you reap the benefits of seeing the progress of your precious child.

1 comment:

kkf said...

yes you are right!