Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, 8 November 2008

Astonished!

I was extremely astonished when Karis started to count "One, two, three, four, five, six, ..ven, eight, nine, ten!", while she is walking along the pavement to the childcare centre. Both my hubby and I witnessed the golden moments!

When she was counting, her hands were pointing at the leaves imprinted on the pavement, signalling that she was counting the leaves there. I was very astonished as both my hubby and I did not teach her to count from one to ten. The only time that we said one to ten is when we are in a lift going up, or when we are climbing up or down the stairs. We also thought that it may not be from the childcare teaching, as she just started to attend the childcare programme. Our guess is that it may come from watching the video on Barney - Counting 1,2,3.

(Afternote: Since then, what is overheard when Karis counts is, "One, two, three, four, five....... nine, ten!", skipping six, seven, eight. At least we managed to capture this precious moment!)

No comments: